Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Light

At first I thought this project would be quite easy, in a sense, but it ended up more aggravating than some of the others. At first I tried to set up my own light with a lamp or find other lights in the house that were somewhat solely illuminating an area, however, the places were too dark and my camera wanted to use flash, and if I didn't, the shutter speed was too slow. The silouhettes eluded me as well, I couldn't seem to be able to determine anywhere that could provide the bright light that was necessary to end up with pleasing results. After that I decided to go with simplicity and just take pictures for several days, as I usually would, and trusted that they would turn out better. This method produced much more desirable and worthy photos; as a general habit, I kept my camera with me so that whenever I saw something eye-catching, I let my mind focus my body and thoughts on that sole moment as it directs my lens towards the object and my finger pushes down to take the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment